The Emerge Program empowers and develops diverse groups of rising high school juniors in Marshall County Indiana by providing integrated leadership programming coupled with unique enrichment experiences. Emerge asks student leaders to get out of their comfort zones and act on building leadership skills, while reflecting on their own leadership journey into adulthood.
The program equips youth with the tools and knowledge to help make an impact in their communities through serving as mentors and giving back through service-learning partnerships. Students that are accepted into the 8 session once a month program:
- Develop their leadership capacity through lessons designed around the IDOE’s Employability Skills.
- Identify how the skills are applied in Marshall County industries, business, health care, education, and non-profit organizations – visiting their venues and learning from the agencies’ respective leaders.
- Participate in team problem solving simulations.
- Develop mentoring skills to lead others in their schools.
- Collaborate on team service / philanthropic projects.