The ENCORE program is for those who are at the peak of their careers, or transitioning to a second career, or retired and volunteering. They bring their leadership wisdom, expertise, and experience as they connect with fellow participants and the Marshall County community.
ENCORE provides participants with opportunities to reflect on their leadership legacy and to further practice their leadership skills as they stay connected with professional peers. After acceptance into the 6-session once-a-month program, participants will:
- Reflect upon and reinforce their leadership skills.
- Enhance their well-being skills:
- Positivity, Engagement, Relationships, Meaning, Accomplishments, & Vitality.
- Leverage their talent and skill: 1) Mentor a leader in a non-profit organization; and 2) Collaborate with ENCORE team members to present pro-bono workshops on essential areas that impact Marshall County nonprofits.
*LMC ENCORE is modeled after the highly successful Leadership Louisville Center’s EncoreLouisville program.
Encore Mentoring and Workshops
If you believe your organization could benefit from a pro—bono ENCORE Mentor, or from attending a no-cost ENCORE team workshop on an essential nonprofit area, simply submit an application.
- Expand your knowledge of grant writing.
- Increase your skill set in volunteer management.
- Revise your strategic narrative.
- Expand marketing approaches.
- Increase social media awareness.
- Develop an Updated Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Facilitate a SOAR/SWOT(Strengths-Opportunities-Aspirations-Results)
- Expand Board of Directors.
- Set priorities for the organization.
- Make introductions to key leaders who have similar missions within the community.
- Provide job descriptions for Board members.
- Modify generic bylaws to be more specific to the agency.
- Improve operations so the Board can successfully transition from a “working board” to a more traditional “governing board” – to enhance board recruitment and retention.
- Create a vision for the Agency.
- Provide strategies for effective Board Governance.
- Program and Financial Oversight.
- Increase Transparency.
- Create a sustainable annual giving campaign.
- Creating, planning, and hosting an event to promote the agency.